2013 Nickerson Park Camping Guidelines
The following policies have been established by Nickerson Park Campground to promote a friendly and peaceful environment for all guests:
- Respect your fellow campers. Excessive noise, loud music, or foul behavior will not be tolerated.
- Privacy of other campsites is to be respected. Do not walk through other sites, vacant or occupied.
- Campsites shall maintain a clean appearance and be kept in a sanitary and safe condition.
- Registered camper must be at least age 25 and camping on the site. Maximum of 4 adults per site.
- Vehicle speed limit is 5MPH. Vehicle registration tags must be hung behind mirrors at all times.
- Quiet hours are from 11PM - 8AM. Radios and generators are to be turned off during quiet hours.
- Children under age 18 must be at their campsite during quiet hours, unless accompanied by an adult.
- Garbage is to be contained in clear bags and placed along the roadside from 9AM - 7:30PM.
- Local Law requires all cans and glass bottles be washed and placed in separate bags.
- Help reduce waste by burning newspapers, boxes and other paper products.
- Pets are welcome but must be on leash at all times. Pets must not present a hazard or nuisance to others.
- Do not leave your pets unattended. No outside cages. Health Department Law requires proper waste cleanup.
- Riverside activity is at your own risk. Jumping from rocks, ledges and cliffs into the river is prohibited.
- Do not attach wire, rope, chains, nails, etc., around or in trees. Hammocks must have their own stand.
- Cutting or damaging any tree or shrub (living or dead) is not allowed. Violation will result in an arrest and fine.
- Chainsaw use and gathering of firewood is prohibited. Firewood may be carred in or purchased at the store.
- Campfires must be attended to at all times and flames should not exceed two (2) feet in height.
- No digging holes or disturbing the ground cover. Grey and black water cannot be dumped onto ground surface.
- No bicycle riding after dark. State Law requires helmets be worn by all children age 14 and under.
- Bicycle, rollerblade, skateboard and scooter use in the pavilion is prohibited.
- Licensed motorcycles may be used to enter and exit the campground only. No cruising.
- Mini-bike, ATV and golf cart use is not allowed.
- Only licensed drivers may operate vehicles. Vehicles must be properly registered and insured.
- Cars and trailers may not be washed on premises. Water sprinkler and baby pool use is not permitted.
- RV dishwashers and washing machines cannot be used in campsites.
- Dishes, cooking pots, etc., are to be washed indoors, not at the outside spigots.
- Absolutely NO fireworks, firearms, air guns, sling shots, or archery use in the campground.
- Parents are responsible for their children's conduct and are accountable for any damage caused.
- Children under 18 years of age may not be left alone in the campground.
- Report any disturbance or emergency immediately. The office monitors Channel 9 on the CB.
- Be considerate to future guests by cleaning up all debris, bottle caps, cigarette butts, etc., before departure.
- Camping is an outdoor experience. We are not responsible for the discomforts of nature due to weather. We are not responsible for fire, thefts, water damage, or acts of nature causing damage to campers or their property. We are not liable for any personal injuries that occur upon the premises.
- Thank you for visiting Nickerson Park Campground. Have fun and enjoy your stay!